Many people go through life wondering why they just can’t get it right the first time. These kinds of people were often never exposed to the little snippets of truths and information that can make life so much easier. Here is a list of some things that just might help in making things a bit smoother in life.
1. The world owes you nothing. You are not entitled to anything simply because you exist. Once you learn this, not only will you be satisfied in learning you aren’t the most important person in the world, you’ll be happier with your accomplishments knowing you earned them.
2. Save money. Start doing it today. That doesn’t mean you have to stop eating pizza and drinking beer. Do things like brewing your coffee at home instead of buying that super expensive hyper-caffeinated stuff from gourmet coffee shops. This kind of saving will ensure that you always have reserve cash in case of an emergency. Let’s face it. Things are always bound to go wrong at some point. Being prepared is the key.
3. Friends you made when you were young are not likely the kind of friends you’ll want as an adult. Of course, this is not always true but, as we mature and find our way and discover our passions in life we can be hindered by people who have no ambitions. I know this from experience. Many friends I had during my childhood are not excited about anything in life. I can’t hang with that and have found people with a similar drive. That doesn’t mean I don’t like to party though.
4. Take care of your darn teeth! It’s amazing how time can sneak up on you and your face starts aching and you wonder what that’s all about. Rotting teeth and and breaking the bank to go see the drill master is not worth the few minutes a day it takes to brush your breath and floss you chompers.
5. Bored? Don’t be. It is a waste of this one precious life you have, even if it’s uneventful and seemingly pathetic. There are so many things you can learn, which will fill in that bored time and have a bonus of skills at the end. Learn an instrument, dancing, under water basket weaving, art, sports, programming, ninja stuff, cooking… If you need some inspiration, check out this subreddit /r/IWantToLearn